Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do You Have A Prayer Partner?!?

I know that in times past tele-evangelists and churches have really run the idea of having a "prayer partner" into the ground. But there is something really awesome about having someone beyond your mom praying for you on a consistent basis.

I attented the Shift Conference at Willow Creek and after one of the sessions I made my way to the prayer room. After a few minutes of prayer, I got up to leave only to be stopped by one of the prayer volunteers there. She asked me if I needed prayer and I was like... uh sure! I've never been one to just turn down someone if they wanted to pray for me unless they have really perfect hair, a big bible with a "KJ Only" sticker on it and a crazy look on their face.

I'm not going to say, "Man, that lady prayed good!!" But she was just connected with God in a way much differently than most people I know. She sat with me, talked with me, and prayed with me even though she didn't know who I was. When I was about to leave she looked me in the eye and said, "You need to find a prayer partner. Someone who prays specifically for you on a daily basis." I felt her sincerity as if she was saying it with a knowledge of who I am and what God desires for me.

So, as prideful as it sounds to ask someone to pray for me daily, I'm going to do it. I've had this person in mind for a while, but just haven't asked them... And it's... YOU! No, just kidding. This person has to be someone that I can trust. :) We'll see how it goes. They may not want to pray for my sorry butt every day.

No comments: