Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 9

You've got me where You want me. I'm right here.

I spend so much energy seeking God's will and His plan for my life asking Him to show me the next step. All along though, He is telling me to come to Him. Seek Him. Know Him. I have a principle that I learned long ago, but have yet to live by. It goes like this:

If you stick close to God, then you will be where He has called you to be.

I know that if I seek Him and stay close to His heartbeat, his voice, and in His presence, then I will fulfill the most important call that He has given me; to be in relationship with Him. Everything else flows out from there. The where, when, how, and what don't matter if it doesn't start with us personally submitting to His will at His feet as often as we can. That is where it begins and ends because if there is no relationship, then we are missing the point.

Worship begins with relationship. Without it, there can be no genuine worship. Obedience is only obligation without relationship. Playing and singing is only a concert without first knowing Him.

God, first I seek You and long to know You, because I understand that my primary call is to know You. Only then can I truly worship You. Oh gracious Father, thank You!

"Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift." -2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments: